As you might have head that entire Mozilla India community is going to create an outstanding campaign. As our dedicated, passionate and innovative, the members of the Mozilla India community always wanted to be associated with something great. From students to evangelists, this unique group of people really care about the true mission of Mozilla. This brings us to Firefox Nightly, a special version of your favourite Firefox browser, but with a different touch. To promote any new product, awareness is a must and this is why the concept of Firefox Nightly must be spread aggressively. The excitement is at an all-time high, as interesting things are in store.
The 60-day campaign will feature as many as 15 events in 15 different places across the country and it will be an exciting ride. Firefox Nightly has essentially meant for the power-users as well as the core contributors of Mozilla. Developers under the Mozilla community are constantly testing the version and a feedback loop has been initiated. By involving all the active members, we plan to create a closely-knit community of innovators. The goals of this initiative are quite simple, 1000 Firefox Nightly will be installed and 20 new core contributors will be added to the campaign. The event will be run by 30 talented Mozillians and they will reach out to as many as 500 attendees.
Recently we had organized one community call on this campaign. You can watch it to know more:
How to get involved:
- Telling and inviting friends!
- Create the event in social media!
- Writing about it on Facebook & Twitter.
- Posting updates on social media when the event is running.
- Blog posting.
- Introduction to Mozilla
- Introduction to Firefox Nightly
- Release cycle details
- Why we need Firefox Nightly users?
- Showing various stats regarding Firefox
- Installing Nightly on participant’s PC
- WebCompat on Firefox Nightly
- How they can contribute in Nightly (QA and Promotion)
- Swag Distribution
Few important things…
- Duration of Campaign: 2 months
- Total Number of events: 15
- Campaign Hashtag: #INUsesFxNightlyDuration of each event: 3-5 hours
How to file a swag request?
Swags can be filed by Mozilla Reps, but non-reps must connect through an existing Mozilla Reps. In extreme cases, the core team should be contacted. After filing the crucial swag request, the representative must keep firstname.lastname@example.org in the cc of that bug. The campaign owner will then complete marking the bug by putting the term INUsesFxNightly, in the whiteboard. Getting the swag pack is quite simple, but the event organizer must have a clear agenda of the event and define the goals. After the event ends, the event organizer must write a blog post and pictures from the event should be embedded in it. The metrics of this post must reach the core team so that they can analyse it easily. Know more here .
How to file a budget request?
- The process of filing the budget request is almost similar to that of the swag request. Reps can do it themselves, while non-representatives must contact a reps first. The budget for every event is fixed at $25 (Rs 1500). Only the refreshment costs are covered in the budget and other costs are not included. By creating an effective event agenda with pre-defined goals, event organizers can make the application process easier. The reimbursement will be done only after the submission of the event report and it takes a maximum of seven days. Know more here .
If you have a special query, please send a mail to Biraj Karmakar [brnet00 AT gmail DOT com]. Don’t forget to join our telegram group for a realtime chat.
This is a guest post by Subhasis Chatterjee and Biraj Karmakar